University Of Lagos Deferment, Leave Of Absence & Re-Absorption Procedure.
The University Of Lagos Deferment, Leave Of Absence & Re-Absorption Procedure has been Released. All students of the institution are hereby informed.
The Directorate of Academic Affairs hereby informs students of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) concerning the procedure for Leave of Absence, Deferment and Re-absorption.
Leave of Absence is a request made at the beginning of the session before registration while Deferment is a request made after registration and before examination.
Re-absorption is requested by a student at the expiration of the period of deferment, leave of absence and reinstatement of studentship by Senate following withdrawal due to absence for three (3) consecutive semesters.
- Students that have fully registered for the session are eligible to apply for deferment;
- Students who are unable to register for a particular semester or session are eligible to apply for Leave of Absence (LOA);
- Leave of Absence/Deferment of 2 semesters or 1 session is considered and approved at the faculty level;
- Leave of Absence/Deferment of 3 consecutive semesters and above are considered and recommended by the Faculty Board of Studies to Senate through the Office of the Director, Directorate of Academic Affairs;
- Re-absorption after deferment and leave of absence is handled at the faculty level while re-absorption following withdrawal due to absence for three (3) semesters is handled by the University Senate as processed by the Academic Affairs Office through the Business Committee of Senate (BCOS); and
- Applications for Re-absorption after withdrawal due to absence for three (3) consecutive semesters are considered and recommended by the Faculty Board of Studies to BCOS through the office of the Director, Directorate of Academic Affairs.
- The application for Leave of Absence, Deferment and Re-absorption is made by the student through his or her Course Adviser and Head of Department to the Dean of his/her faculty or Director, Directorate of Academic Affairs based on the guidelines above,
- Thereafter, a letter of approval/disapproval or re-absorption (in line with recommendations of the Faculty Board of Studies or approval of the Senate as the case may be) is conveyed to the student and his/her student’s online profile is endorsed accordingly.
- The applicant MUST collect his or her letter of approval/disapproval on Leave of Absence, Deferment or Re-absorption from the Faculty Office.
For more information, kindly visit the Faculty Officer of your Faculty or send an email to [email protected]