Description: The University of Edinburgh UK is offering the Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship for full-time one year Masters study at the University.
Course Level: Masters degree
Field of Study:
- MSc (by Research) Biomedical Sciences
- MSc (by Research) Cardiovascular Biology
- MSc Human Anatomy
- MSc (by Research) Integrative Neuroscience
- MMedSci Medical Sciences
- MPH Public Health
- MSc Regenerative Medicine: Clinical and Industrial Delivery
- MSc (by Research) Reproductive Sciences
- MSc Science Communication and Public Engagement
- The scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who is accepted for admission on a full-time basis on one of the listed eligible Human Medical programmes.
- Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
- It is hoped that students would wish to return to the Developing World on completion of their studies where their work and furthered medical studies will benefit the area.
Eligible Countries: Applicants must be nationals of one of the following countries:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Paraguay, Republic of Moldova, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Selection Criteria: The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the overseas equivalent of a UK first-class honours degree.
Eligible Countries: developing countries. See list below.
Number of Scholarships: one (1)
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will have a value of £21,200. The scholarship will cover tuition fees of up to £21,200 with any surplus paid as a stipend.
Duration of Scholarship: tenable for one academic year
Scholarship to be taken at (country): University of Edinburgh UK
How to Apply: Eligible applicants should complete an online application
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
Application Deadline: 30th May 2017
Offered annually? Not specified
Award Provider: University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK