The University of Johannesburg is one of the Leading universities in the Continent of Africa. and these University has turned out to be a dream university for both the White and the black to Study Abroad.
Students Nigeria in view of giving you the best has put up this Content Carefully narrating the University of Johannesburg: Admission, Tuition Fees, Scholarships, Courses and Ranking.
The University of Johannesburg is a public university, established on the 1st of January 2005. Formally known as Rand Afrikaans University since 1967 till 2004 when it was rebranded.
The university has an official motto which is, Service through Knowledge. The African University has a total number of 2,942 Academic staff and a student’s population of 51,313.
University of Johannesburg Courses
The University of Johannesburg is composed of eight distinct faculties and these Faculties are blessed with Courses that are have made International recognitions. These Courses includes:
The Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture (FADA) which offers programmes in eight creative disciplines, including the
- Department of Industrial Design,
- Department of Architecture,
- Department of Fashion Design,
- Department of Graphic Design,
- Department of Interior Design,
- Department of Jewellery Design and Manufacture,
- Department of Multimedia
- Department of Visual Art.
College of Business and Economics (CBE) which was launched on the 1st of July 2017. The College was formed by merging the former Faculty of Management and the former Faculty of Economic and Financial Sciences.
The Faculty of Engineering and the Built offers programmes in the following departments:
- Department of Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering,
- Department of Civil Engineering Science,
- Department of Civil Engineering Technology,
- Department of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying,
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Science,
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology,
- Department of Metallurgy,
- Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering Technology,
- Department of Mechanical Engineering Science,
- Department of Mine Surveying,
- Department of Mining Engineering,
- Department of Quality and Operations Management
- Department of Town and Regional Planning.
The faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment also offers programmes in the following research field:
- Civil Engineering Materials Research,
- Chromium Steels,
- Control and Image Processing,
- Industrial Electronics Technology,
- Mineral Processing and Technology,
- Optical Communications,
- Process Optimization of thermodynamic Systems,
- Small-Scale mining and minerals,
- Speech and Signal Processing,
- unmanned aerial vehicles,
- water research.
The faculty of Health Sciences offers programmes in the following departments,
- the Department of Biomedical Technology,
- Department of Chiropractic,
- Department of Emergency Medical Care,
- Department of Environmental Health,
- Department of Homeopath,
- Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology,
- Department of Medical Imaging and Radiation (Radiography),
- Department of Nursing,
- Department of Optometry,
- Department of Podiatry,
- Department of Somatology,
- Department of Sport and Movement Studies.
The faculty of Health Sciences also offer programmes in the following research fields:
- Laser Research,
- Optometric science,
- Water and Health Research.
There is also a big department for sport studies which include Sport psychology, sport management, sport communication, sport development and sport science.
The faculty of Humanities offers programmes in the following research fields: social Development in Africa, sociological Research, culture and Languages in Africa, African-European studies, and study of Democracy.
The faculty of Law offer programmes in the following research fields: study of Economic crime, Private International Law in Africa, banking Law, International Law in Africa, International and comparative Labour and social security Law, sport Law.
The faculty of Science offer programmes in the following research fields:
- Energy and sustainable Development,
- Aquatic Eco-toxicology,
- Economic Geo-metallurgy.
The faculty of sciences also offers programmes in the following departments:
- Academy of Computer Science and Software Engineering,
- Applied Chemistry,
- Applied Physics and Engineering Mathematics,
- Biotechnology and Food Technology,
- Botany and Plant Biotechnology,
- Environmental Management & Energy Studies,
- Pure and Applied Mathematics,
- Statistics and Zoology.
The faculty of Education offers research programmes in the following fields:
- ecologists of learning to ecologists of practice,
- learning to be a teacher – towards learner outcomes in schools,
- discourse and performative practice of teachers in language literacy and communication,
- keystone species in the science and mathematics classrooms of two schools,
- teachers building practice as community counselors,
- teachers and tools: crafting technology education in practice,
- teacher identity and the culture of schools,
- Information and communication technology in schools,
- Values and human rights in education, and aggression in secondary schools in South Africa.
University of Johannesburg Tuition Fees:
Attending the University of Jaohannesburg has some expenses that comes with it. This comes in the form of an Estimated budget for both International and National Students in South Afriica. The University of Johannesburg Tuition fees are just for an Academic period/year. Here is a detailed range of fees for any International Student who wishes to Study in the University.
|Description||Undergraduate average costs
(South African Rand = ZAR)
| Postgraduate average costs
(South African Rand = ZAR)
|Tuition||R102,280 – R110,330||R14,634 – R171,158|
|International Registration Fee (IRF)||(Inclusive in Tuition Fee)||R4,570|
|Books and Stationery||R900 – R3,000||R1,000 – R4,000|
|Equipment / Fieldwork||R800 – R3,000||R800 – R5,000|
|Accommodation||R22,784 – R59,915||R22,784 – R59,915|
|SA Medical Aid||R4,200 – R10,000||R4,200 – R10,000|
|Food||R14,000 – R20,000||R14,000 – R20,000|
|Living Expenses||R6,000 – R12,000||R6,000 – R12,000|
University of Johannesburg Online Application Process
University of Johannesburg Online Application are communicated via email.
You can also log on to the university of Johannesburg website to check your application status using your registration ID or student number.
In case you have previously applied and have a university of Johannesburg student number, do well to call the university’s Call Centre on (011 559 4555) to ensure that your cell number and email address are captured on the student database. You will receive a PIN number to complete the online application process.