We understand that some Graduates of NCE and ND programmes with lower CGPA of say between 2.00 and below 3.00 are worried whether or not their choice university will accept them for failure to obtain upper credits in their former program. Here is a list of selected Universities that take Lower Credit for Direct Entry Admission in Nigeria.
It is worthy of mention that admission requirements into Universities in Nigeria vary from school to schools, while others accept lower credits for NCE, OND, etc., others do not. One would however get idea to which courses and institutions may accept prospective candidates with certain CGPA defects by taking a good look at the requirements for admitting students into 200L via JAMB DE. Check that article via this link.
From experience gather over several years of students counsellorship and based on findings from recent studies, we can loosely generalize that majority of Federal Universities DO NOT accept lower credits for Direct Entry (DE) admission. Universities in Northern Nigeria however mostly accept lower credits for DE. We shall attempt to list a few other Universities that take Lower Credit for Direct Entry below.
Some Universities that take Lower Credit for Direct Entry
- Ahmadu Bello University, ABU Zaria.
- University of Calabar, UNICAL.
- Anambra State University, ANSU, Uli (and Igbariam).
- Niger Delta University, NDU, Wilberforce.
- Igbinedion University, Okada.
- University of Jos, UNIJOS.
- Nasarawa State University (NSUK), Keffi.
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, ESUT.
- University of Ilorin, UNILORIN (for History and Performing Arts).
- Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto (UDUSOK).
- Most Private Universities
- Some state universities.
Note: JAMB Direct Entry forms are on sale for 2015, read this post for more.
If you are considering to apply for admission into second year degree programme with a lower credit obtained from NCE or ND, we suggest you narrow your choices to some of the schools listed above.
Kindly also note that while the schools listed above accept lower credit in DE, not all courses will be available for candidates with such lower CGPAs. Make more effort to contact the school admissions office or through friends that attend the school to find out more.