The University of Sheffield is pleased to announce the availability of the Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Regions At University of Sheffield 2018/2019, hurry now and apply. The believe in rewarding international applicants who show exceptional academic achievement and potential.
You can receive more than one University of Sheffield scholarship. The awards are not just for the first year of your studies.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School (founded in 1828), Firth College (1879) and Sheffield Technical School (1884).
The University is ranked 104th in the world – a rise of five places on the previous year – and 13th in the UK according to the 2018 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Eligible Field of Study:
The scholarship is for Undergraduate students to study any course in the University of Sheffield uk.
Scholarship is To be taken in UK at University of Sheffield
- To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
- East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius
- Middle East and North Africa: Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco
- South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Hong Kong, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Japan, S. Korea, Norway, Turkey
Value of Scholarship: 50% tuition waiver
Who Is Eligible For The Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Regions:
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a study place at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must apply for a study place by Friday 13 April 2018 for entry in September 2018 to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship will not be available to applicants who have made the University of Sheffield their insurance choice.
- The scholarship application is a separate online process to applying for a course. A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
- The scholarship is guaranteed in the first year of study and you can also receive this in each subsequent year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods. This applies to all undergraduate programmes except Medicine and Dentistry. Students of Medicine or Dentistry will only receive the scholarship for the non-clinical years (Medicine years 1 & 2 and Dentistry year 1)
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
How to Apply Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Regions:
A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards. First apply for admission into any of the school’s Undergraduate programs April
- A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible offer holders from February onwards.
- You must have received an offer by 13th April 2018.
- You must choose the University of Sheffield as your firm choice by Friday 20th April 2018.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 20th April 2018.
- Scholarship results will be announced by 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 25th May 2018.
TO SEARCH FOR OTHER INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS YOU CAN EASILY QUALIFY FOR CLICK HERE.