This article provides steps on how Nigerian students can apply for an indian visa to study abroad.
Indian Universities have achieved a high level of credibility with respect to their Medical disciplines.
Little wonder why Nigerian Students want to travel to India to study courses like Medicine, nursing, pharmacy, physiotherapy, radiography, among many other courses in the paramedical field.
If you are a Nigerian student looking to study in India, then here are a few tips to help you achieve that dream!
- Get a Valid Passport: This could be gotten from a Passport office in your state or city. It must be valid for 6 months beyond stay in India, with at least two blank passport pages available for India visa stamps.
- Make one photocopy of passport information and signature page.
- Get two photographs of the size 2 by 2 (inch) x light background.
- Fill the Online Indian Visa Application Form: It is of utmost importance that you sign this form yourself.
- Glue Photos on the forms in the box provided on pages 1 and 2 of the online form.
- The form should be signed in the box under the photograph on the first page and at the end of second page.
- Your signatures should match with the signature printed on your passport.
- While filling the form, ensure that your contact details are correctly entered.
- Get an admission letter from the Indian University of your choice. This Admission letter must be original and also duly stamped with contact details from an Indian university/school
- You should make copies of these original documents of your previous educational qualifications: Junior and Senior Secondary certificates, Results, Diploma, Birth Certificate duly attested either by the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Ministry of Education.
- Get a letter of support containing contact details from the parent or guardian.
- Get by a bank guarantee/certificate with a copy of Identity Card of the parent or guardian.
The India Embassy in Nigeria is located at:
15, Rio Negro Close, off Yedseram Street Maitama, Abuja Nigeria.
Recommended Link: 5 Countries To Study Abroad Without TOEFL/IELTS For Nigerian Students