The Kochi University of Technology is offering Special Scholarship Program (SSP) for pursuing the doctoral degree program in the Department of Engineering for April 2018 intake.
Description: The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the development of advanced research at the university through the contribution of highly capable doctoral students.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the doctoral degree program.
Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded in the Department of Engineering at Graduate School of Engineering.
Eligibility Status: Applicants are required to meet all of the following conditions
- To have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
- To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
- To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects
- To have high English proficiency
- Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee, and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
- To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid for research project work.
- 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
Eligible Countries/Nationalities: Japanese and international students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply:
- Choose one or two research project(s) from the SSP Research Project List
- Complete and submit all required documents by post.
All required documents listed below must arrive at the International Relations Division by the deadline. The documents submitted will not be returned.
- Application form
- Original bachelor’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree certificate in English.
- Past fields of study in English — approximately 1 page.
- Research outline in English — Research outline which you plan to do at KUT, approximately 1 page.
- Two signed recommendation letters
- Original certificate of health in English issued within the past 6 months.
Visit Scholarship Webpage For Details
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 15, 2017.
Award Provider: Kochi University of Technology