The Rhodes Trust offers Postgraduate Scholarship Program for international students from select countries including Africans, to study at University of Oxford (See country list below).
Kenya, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland), West African countries, Zambia and Zimbabwe. See Countries specific criteria.
The four criteria governing the selection of Rhodes Scholars are:
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
How To Apply
For detailed application requirements for each country, please visit the scholarship webpage link below.
- Kenya: 31st August, 2017
- Southern Africa (including Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland): 15th August, 2017
- West Africa: 30th September 2017
- Zambia: 31st October, 2017
- Zimbabwe: 31st August, 2017