Applications are currently ongoing for the Québec Government Doctoral Research Scholarships for Foreign Students. Interested students should see the details below.
The Government of Canada offers doctoral research scholarships in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering fields for international students. International students except Canada can apply for these scholarships.
Doctoral research scholarships program for foreign students (DE) aimed at foreign students who had been preselected by a Québec university and who wish to carry out their doctoral studies in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering fields.
The Doctoral Research Scholarships Program for Foreign Students (DE) of the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et Les technologies (FRQNT) aims to stimulate international student’s interest in beginning or pursuing doctoral studies in Québec and provide financial support to leading international Ph.D. candidates in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering fields.
Research Fund of Quebec – Nature and Technology funded Doctoral Research Scholarships Program for International Students in the fields of Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering at Québec University, Canada 2018/2019
Any Québec University in Canada
Fields of Research: The scholarships are aimed at foreign students who had been preselected by a Québec university and who wish to carry out their doctoral studies in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering fields. To be eligible, applicants must specialize in the following areas:
- Information and communication technologies
- Health technologies
How do I know if I’m eligible for Québec Doctoral Research Scholarships?
- Meet all eligibility requirements on the competition closing date;
- Have been preselected by a Québec university;
- Not have obtained a Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students from the Ministère de l’Education de l’Enseignement supérieur du Québec (MEES) or one of the Fonds de recherche du Québec;
- Not be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- Not have submitted an application for permanent residence under Canadian immigration law.
In addition to the aforementioned criteria, applicants should note the following restrictions and administrative prerequisites:
Study program restrictions:
- The scholarship cannot be used for qualifying studies.
- Only students who have been preselected by a Québec university may apply to the competition.
- Universities may support two competition applications per year.
- Candidate’s preselection is the sole responsibility of the university. Information on preselection deadlines is available In the Toolbox (See in Program webpage Link below).
The maximum annual value of the doctoral research scholarship for international students is 21 000 $. Within the eligibility period of twelve semesters or 48 months, a scholarship holder may receive a maximum of twelve installments for a total of 84 000 $. Each payment of up to 7 000 $ covers a period of four months or one semester. The 11th and 12th installments are conditional on the initial deposit of the thesis before the end of the 12th financed semester.
12 to 48 months
How To Apply For The Québec Doctoral Research Scholarships:
It is important to go through the Application instructions in the Scholarship Webpage (See link below) before applying.
1st November, 2018.
TO SEARCH FOR OTHER INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS YOU CAN EASILY QUALIFY FOR CLICK HERE.