Masters scholarships for students of any nationality to pursue postgraduate degree in Law, International Relations and Diplomacy and other programmes at Leiden University Netherlands 2017.
Accepted Subject Areas:
All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes offered at the university including the following programmes for all nationality:
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Air & Space Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European & International Business Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Public International Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Civil & Commercial Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Law & Digital Technologies
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European & International Human Rights Law
- MSc in International Relations & Diplomacy
- In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enroll. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree
- Students are selected on the basis of academic merit.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting February 2017 or September 2017 (All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden).
- All nationalities enrolling in the programmes listed above starting September 2017 or February 2017
Value of Scholarship:
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 types of awards
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee (also referred to as home fee)
The number and type of award of the scholarship depends on the budget available for each Faculty department. The type of award has no reflection on the students’ academic level of excellence. Please be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship.
How to Apply
Fill in your online application for admission to Leiden University (see link below).
Upload all required documents.
Indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page. Please note that if you apply for more than one master’s programme, you have to indicate that you apply for the LExS scholarship for all these programmes seperately.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage Here for more details
Deadline 1 October 2016 for programmes starting in February 2017.
Deadline 1 February 2017 for all programmes starting in September 2017 except Law programmes.