The Kochi University of Technology (KUT) Special Scholarship Program (SSP) on research projects in the field of Engineering for International Doctoral applicants, Japan 2018/2019.
The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the advanced research of the university by enlisting the help of highly capable students especially students from foreign countries. Every year in April and October, the university enrolls selected doctoral students for specific research projects.
The students pursue the doctoral course in English (excl. Japanese students) while at the same time assisting their host professor as a research assistant (RA). Through this program KUT wishes to expand and deepen international ties with academic and educational institutions all over the world.
Field of Study:
Doctoral Program (3 years), Department of Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering
- Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
- To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid for research project work.
- 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Applicants are required to meet all of the following:-
(1)To have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date
(2) To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
(3) To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
(4) To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects
(5) To have high English proficiency.
How to Apply For the Scholarship:
- Choose one or two research project(s) from the SSP Research Project List
- Complete and submit all required documents by post List for SSP Application Documents
All inquiries and application documents must be addressed to:
International Relations Division
Kochi University of Technology
Tosayamada, Kami City
Kochi 782-8502, JAPAN
E-mail: [email protected]
- 16th March, 2018
- 14th September 2018