Npower Verification (ie Npower Physical Verification) commences immediately after you’re pre-selected. To physically verify, Npower is in partnership with National Orientation Agency, and National Youth Service Corps. You’re verified at your local government of residence.
Npower Physical Verification Date for 2017 pre-selected applicants has been announced. It will now hold between December 4th and 14th, 2017.
Documents Required During the 2017 Npower Physical Verification
- Authentic and valid identity card
- Education Credentials
- Bank print of your BVN details
- Residential permit of your Local Government area.
- Passport photograph
- NYSC discharge certificate
- N-power 2017 online print out with your Reference number
How the NPower Physical Verification is conducted
The NPower programme commenced in 2016. The first 200,000 N-Power beneficiaries were selected from 350,000 Graduate applications.
In 2017, the NPower portal opened up for Graduate applications on the 13th of June. Applications received were 403% more than the Graduate applications received in 2016. As at the time, the application process closed in July 27th, 2017, 2,543,079 people had applied for the N-Power Graduate Programmes.
In 2017, N-Power is committed to improving on the lessons learnt in 2016.
To avoid some payment issues that plague(d) the 2016 beneficiaries, the BVN validation stage was introduced. Here, applicants whose names didn’t match their BVN were precluded from proceeding to the Assessment Test phase stage.
2,258,266 people scaled through the BVN validation stage. They were consequently invited to proceed to the Assessment Test Phase. 1,746, 454 people honoured that invitation.
NPower Physical Verification and Preselection Process
In selecting the 300,000, we took the following into consideration
1. BVN Validation and Online Assessment
2. Achieving equity
3. Linking selection to population using Federal Constituencies
4. Addressing Demand Distribution of Unemployed Graduates
5. Taking into account, Deployment/Utilization issues from 2016
6. Correcting Deployment/Utilization challenges among 2016 N-Power beneficiaries
7. Rural-Urban Distribution Balance. Priority was given to the Rural Areas especially N-Agro applicants
8. Programme Allocation – Teach/Agric/Health
300,000 have been pre-selected for the physical verification stage. Applicants and the General Public must note that pre-selection does not equate Final selection.