This is to inform the general public that applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the under listed vacant positions in the University (Federal University of Technology Akure).
1. DIRECTOR (LEGAL UNIT) CONTISS 15 (N2.242.999.00- N2,886.591.00)
A good first degree in law from a recognized University with at least fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience, a major part of which must be in the legal unit of University administration. Candidate for this position must have served at least as a Deputy Registrar (legal) in a University administration for at least five (5) years and must be computer literate. Possession of higher degree and membership of a recognized professional body will be added advantage.
2. CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER (CONMESS 7) -N4,222,544.00 – N5,128.200.00
MBBS or MB.Ch. B from a recognized University with a minimum of 20years cognate post registration experience.
3. DEPUTY CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER (CONMESS 6) -N3.419418.00 – N4,207.000.00
MBbS or MB.Ch. a from a recognized University with a minimum of 2Oyears cognate post registration experience.
4. CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER (CONTRACT): CONTISS 13 (N1446,499.00-N 1.909.755.00)
a) Possess a rninirnurn of HND or a good honours degree from a recognized university with at least fifteen (15) years’ experience in security related job
b) Be a retired Armed forces officer not below the rank of a Major in the Nigerian Army or Chief Superintendent of Police or the SSS equivalent.
c) Be a mature individual with a proven record of integrity. discipline and physical fitness. Experience in security coverage of a tertiary institution will be an added advantage
a) General supervision, investigation, and administration of security in the University
b) Recruitment / training of security staff
c) Membership of all committee as may be appointed /directed. Any other duty as may be assigned him by the Vice- Chancellor from time to time
5. LIBRARIAN II -CONUASS 01 (N705.781.00 N805.047.00)
Candidates should possess:
a) A good honours degree from a recognized University and a
Master’s degree in the appropriate field
b) Apart from teaching and research work, candidate must be qualified for a PhD programme.
c) Ability to initiate research and practical competence in area of specialization will be an advantage. d) Candidates should be computer literate and must have registered for a PhD programme or in the process of registering.
Membership of relevant professional bodies and computer literacy are also required in addition to the basic academic qualifications.
6. DEVELOPMENT OFFICER ll (CENTRE FOR GENDER AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP ) CONTISS 7 (N682.547.00 -N1,008,831:00)
A good first degree from a recognized University with credit pass in English language at SSCE.
7. LIBRARY OFFICER CONTISS 06 (N373,557.00 N 561642.00)
Candidates should possess a diploma in Library Science
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE FOR POSITIONS
Conditions of Service are similar to those in other institutions of higher learning in the country.
An addendum to the above vacant position was also carried in the Leadership and Guardian Newspapers of Monday, April 10, 2017 for the following positions
1. Deputy Director (Computer Resource Centre) CONTISS 14 (N1,831,708.00-N2,392572.00)
2. Assistant Registrar (Guidance and Counseling) CONTISS 09 (N7887,784.00- N 1142,410.00)
3. Technologist II (Biomedical) CONTISS 7 (N 610,042.00— N 868,105.00)
4. Technologist I (Biomedical) CONTISS 8 (N 682,547.00— N 1,008,831.00)
5. Technologist II (Human Anatomy) CONTISS 7 (N 610,042.00 — N 868,105.00)
6. Technologist I (Human Anatomy) CONTISS 8 (N 682,547.00 – N 1,008,831.00)
7. Technologist II (Physiology) CONTISS 7 (N 610,042.00 — N 868,105.00)
8. Technologist I(Physiology) CONTISS 8 (N 682,547.00 — N 1,008,831.00)
The Commencement date for the receipt of applications for all the positions including those contained in the addendum is Thursday, March 30, 2017.
Therefore all applications must be received by 4 PM on Thursday May 11, 2017.
Applications that come in after that date will not be accepted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their curriculum vitae, certificates and other credentials along with their applications. Please visit FUTA website http:www.futa.odu.ng for the format of the curriculum vitae and full details of the requirement for all the positions. Application should be forwarded to: Tho Registrar. Federal University of Technology. P.M.B. 704, Akure. Ondo State
In addition to stating the names and addresses of the Referees(2). Candidates should request the Referees to send confidential reports on them under separate cover, direct to the Registrar using the address above: And marked FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR OF DIRECTORATE OF ESTABLISHMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCE’.
All applications must be received not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.