Published alongside brief history are Federal Polytechnic Nekede Admission requirements for National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND). Instructions were also included for those seeking admission into post HND programmes.
Federal Polytechnic Nekede Admission Requirements: OND
To gain admission in this school to pursue a 2 years OND programme, candidates are to have a complete O’level results prior to applying. Admission may be sought through JAMB UTME & Post UTME (for morning/regular programmes) or direct sale of form by the school for entrance into Evening/Weekend/part-time programmes.
Federal Polytechnic Nekede Admission Requirements: HND
Admission of students into the Polytechnic for Post Higher National Diploma (Post-HND) in Urban and Regional planning, the Higher National Diploma (Morning/Evening/Weekend), the National Diploma (Evening/Weekend), and Certificate programmes will be by direct entry based mainly on merit by ranking the entry qualification of candidates.
Candidates for admission are required to possess the minimum entry requirement as stipulated. The Polytechnic Prospective candidates are therefore advised to ensure that they meet both the general and departmental requirements before applying for admission.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
Post Higher National Diploma (Post HND) in Urban and Regional Planning (Morning) -2 years (24 Calendar Month)
Higher National Diploma (Morning/Evening/Weekend) – 2 Years
National Diploma (Evening) – 2 Years
National Diploma (Weekend) – 2 Years
Certificate Programme (Continuing Education Centre) – 1 Year or as indicated
Students who successfully complete the National Diploma Programme will be required to have gained at least one year relevant post ND working experience in a recognised industry /establishment before they can apply for admission into the Higher National Diploma programme.
FULL PROFESSIONAL POST HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA POST HND IN URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
Minimum Requirement: Candidates who desire to be admitted into the Programme should possess:
· A minimum of Lower Credit Level in Higher National Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning (or related
· discipline) of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri or from other Polytechnic whose programme has being
· accredited by the NBTE and TOPREC, or B.Sc. with a minimum of Second Class Lower in Urban and Regional
· planning (or related discipline) from any recognised University OR A pass in HND/BSC with a minimum of 10 years
- working experience in a physical planning establishment
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Certificate of exemption is compulsory.
· The programme is of a two-year full time duration, covering 24 calendar months of four semesters.
- Applicant must be ICT compliant.
There must be evidence employment in a planning establishment for those with a pass certificate.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) (MORNING/EVENING/WEEKEND) -2/2/2YEARS
Minimum Entry Requirements:
· Candidates must hold the minimum entry requirement for ND programme in the specific field.
· They must possess the National Diploma of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri or the equivalent from recognised institutions in the appropriate discipline with minimum of Lower Credit (CGPA 2.50) Candidates with Pre-ND and National Diploma in AC, BAM, SA, EE, ME, FT, STA from other institution must have a minimum CGPA of 2.75 at ND level.
· They must have, by the expected date of admission, completed a minimum of twelve (12) Calendar months Post National Diploma Industrial Work Experience to the field of study.
· For candidates with pass level from the FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, NEKEDE (ONLY), with CGPA not below 2.00 points, a minimum of two years post-ND cognate working experience is required.