With the influence of technology all over the world today, it is no longer a necessity to pass through the four walls of higher institution before you can obtain a degree in your desired course of study. If that was the case before, then am pleased to announce to you that, that law has been amended.
Don’t get it twisted, am not trying to discourage you from passing through the walls of the university but with everything in our ecosystem becoming computerized, education itself has taken a different turn as you can stay at home in your convenience and be educated. This has been made possible through the few online universities and colleges we have in Nigeria.
There are diverse reasons why you would want to get an online education in a particular institution:
- Less availability of time due to workload.
- Distance from the preferred university of your choice.
- To enable you pursue a business deal etcetera.
- To relief yourself of having to stress yourself particularly if you are disabled one way or the other or have low self esteem.
If you are in this situation and intend to enrol in an online university, then this site is where you should be as we have put in place approved NUC universities that take up eLearning platform.
- University of Uyo, Uniuyo.
- National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN.
- Usmanu Dafodioyo University, Sokoto.
- University of Maiduguri, Unimaid.
Now you know the names of universities that do online learning, the next step is to pick which school you see deem fit and whose fee is pocket friendly. If that is done, you must identify what program you would be pursuing in that university. These are the steps to follow to enrol.
How to Enrol – Detailed Step
- With a choice of study, check from the lists of schools available for the institution that offers your intended course of study.
- Pick an institution that offers the intended course of your choice.
- Identify which program you would love to pursue e.g. undergraduate, post-graduate programs like Master’s, PhD, and doctorate degree.
- Visit their website e.g. www.noun.net
- Fill in your data in the column provided meticulously.
- Click the submit button to submit your form along with other required details.
- A code will be given to you to ascertain your status online.
- If your application is accepted, you will be contacted. This is done mainly via email to this; you must have a valid email address.
- Once admitted, you will have to pay your fees and for other materials you would need.
- Those materials will be sent to you online where you can print them out anytime.
It should be noted that there may be little or no difference at all between the online learning procedures and processes taken by students that study at home.
Benefits of Online Learning
- It provides medium to learn new ideas and skills from people online rather than the usual skill you are used to.
- Provides opportunity for students to earn income.
- Provides atmosphere for more friendly competition.
- As an online student, you are not limited to materials for research.
- It gives you the privilege to get to know other students across the globe.
- It gives you time for yourself, to deal with other domestic issues as a wife or husband, businessman, civil servant etc.
- For older individuals who feel awkward mixing up with the younger generation, they can study at home in their convenience without fear of age indifference.
Searches Related to Online Universities in Nigeria
- distance learning programmes in nigerian universities
- list of accredited online universities in nigeria
- online bsc degree in nigeria
- free online courses in nigeria
- online professional courses in nigeria
- nuc accredited foreign universities
- university of nigeria nsukka distance learning programme
- distance learning centres in nigeria
Please do share this information with your friends on facebook and twitter, using the share buttons below.
Recommended Link: How To Solve Maths Problem Using Your Cell Phone Camera