Effects of Course of Study on your future career by: Kayode Oluwatobiloba Emmanuel. I want to believe that those who read my first write-up on the SECRETE OF DISTINCTION IN HIGHER INSTITUTION has been greatly inspired and motivated. Those who missed it should re-open it in a new window here, then continue with this.
I will start this topic by saying “The fact that you have academic excellence does not mean you will be successful”. They are two different words, the fact that one come out with distinction does not guarantee his success. This is because we end-up on the wrong line. I was chatting with a science student years back, who had not concluded on a future career yet at SS1. So many of us are just concerned about the present, we want to get into school quick,WHY? Because your friends are in school. Do you have the same life? Are your goals the same?
I get pissed off at times when I see JAMBites say “let them just give me any course jare”.
Sometimes when I hear people say “he studied law but he is now an actor and is making it big” I get angry because he had just wasted four years of his life on a course not useful to him. If he had patiently searched his mind, he would have seen in himself the gift of acting that he has and would have just studied theater art which would be a plus to him. Why do you have to go into a course that you don’t have passion for?
NEVER CHOOSE A COURSE BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO CHOICE OR TO GAIN ADMISSION QUICKLY BUT BECAUSE IT IS WHAT YOU ENJOY DOING.
Never allow anybody to choose a career for you, look within yourself, what do you enjoy doing, what catches your attention that you never get tired of? Take this, it is not how FAST but how WELL.
The fact that your friend gets into the institution before you does not mean he/she will make it before you.
* Are you good at writing – why don’t you study Mass Communication or English and be an editor in a news paper company or an author etc.
* Do you enjoy talking,chatting and interviewing people – why don’t you study mass communication and be a journalist,radio presenter, TV presenter etc.
* Do you enjoy working on the computer system or love computer operation – why don’t you study computer Engineering or Science.
* Do you like debating, talking or love fighting for peoples’ right? – why don’t you study Law and be a Lawyer?
* You enjoy dancing, acting, singing – why don’t you study theatre art and be a professional in the field.
* Do you enjoy doing electrical works, love dealing with engines – why don’t you go and study Engineering [there are various type of Engineering, pick the one that suits your passion].
* Do you have passion for medicine or you love treating people – why don’t you be a doctor or study Science Laboratory Technology.
* Do you love cooking or wants to know about cooking tips and origin of various recipee? – Why don’t you study Food Science and Technology [FST] and work with NAFDAC.
* Do you enjoy calculating and accounting for goods sold or like doing business or have administive skills? – Why don’t you study Accounting or Business administration and work in companies or banks even other firms.
* Do you love drawing or sketching? – You can be and artist or an Architect which you can study in the institution.
When you are able to study what is in you, I can bet you will never regret it.
Highly recommended: 10 course you can study in Nigeria and never be jobless!
These are what some young boys and ladies are getting wrong, they go into music without knowing the rudiments of music. They start dressing roughly and moving allover the streets just because they where able to wax just one disc that did not go beyond their local area. Grow up, go to school, study theatre art, your degree would give you respect, you will get to meet greater artiste and by the time you will getting into the music industry it will be with ease.
Pick a school that offer your course well and never choose an institution out of peer pressure but a school where you can easily enter and also attempt other school postume. You can opt-in for some school’s postume without picking them in jamb,just keep pursuing your dreams. Keep your focus, seek information, erase pride and you will see things falling in place. Never compare yourself with anybody,you are unique and with great attributes. Education becomes easy for you when you enjoy your course of study.
This problem starts from ss1 when proper orientation and information are not given to students before choosing their departments. I want to believe that this writeup as opened your eyes to some hidden facts you never thought about. For Daily Inspirational and Motivational Write ups, like my Facebook page by clicking on my name.
What about costs? Check how much schools are charging as fees to study any course.
Compiled and written by:
Kayode Oluwatobiloba Emmanuel