Ebonyi State University Admission Exercise Guidelines 2018/2019.
The Ebonyi State University Admission Exercise Guidelines is out for the 2018/2019 academic session. All candidates who applied to the institution are hereby informed.
The Ebonyi State University wishes to inform the general public that the management has approved admission guidelines which will be strictly adhered to by all.
The following general guidelines have been approved and shall apply accordingly in the 2018/2019 admission exercise.
- The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has approved that 2018/2019 admission exercise calendar shall commence from 2nd July and end on 17th December, 2018.
- That EBSU will not write Post UTME Examination in 2018/2019 admission exercise.
- Credit passes in O/Level Mathematics and English Language respectively shall continue to be part of the mandatory general entry requirements for the 2018/2019 admission/registration into all EBSU regular undergraduate programmes.
- Admission/Registration of candidates into undergraduate programmes of Faculty of Law, Medicine/Anatomy/Physiology shall continue to be based on possession of all relevant O/level entry requirements at one sitting.
- There shall be no consideration for admission/registration of all candidates including Pre-Degree graduates into undergraduate programmes without evidence of:
(i). Minimum UTME (JAMB) result/score of (170). (This simply means that Pre-Degree graduates without the minimum score of 170 will not be considered for admission.
- Joint Admission and Matriculation Board has approved that the following documents (issued by JAMB) must be presented by each candidate offered provisional admission before registration.
- Original Result Slip
- JAMB Admission Letter
- The NUC approved carrying capacity for EBSU is 5,117.
- There shall be no recommendation/admission of candidates into undergraduate programmes on Awaiting Result basis. For avoidance of doubt, no candidate who fails to present ready qualifying statement of result or certificate as evidence of fulfilment of prescribed entry requirements for admission through UTME or Direct Entry (DE) shall be recommended/selected, admitted or registered provisionally.
- No candidate with an average score of less than each of the faculty cut-off scores as in the (3) below shall be considered for admission.
- Direct Entry admission shall continue to take 10% of EBSU total quota.
- Direct Entry candidates whose O’level results are not screened online may not be considered for admission.
- A minimum of OND/OD upper credit shall continue to form basic criteria for Direct Entry admission into all EBSU programmes.
- No Pre- Degree/other candidates who did not chose EBSU as first choice shall be considered for admission.
The Selection of candidates for admission/registration into undergraduate programmes shall continue to be by modified Conference arrangement whereby, Departments/Faculties lists are to be mandatorily presented with each Department/Faculty Admission Committee Minutes (with dully signed Attendance List of members.
Ebonyi State University general cut-off point is 170 (One hundred and seventy