The Delta State University hereby invite application from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the institution’s Pre-degree programme for the 2017/2018 academic session. The programme is an intensive one, designed to prepare candidates for entry into 100 level of some selected degree programmes in the University.
DELSU Pre-Degree Available Programmes
(d) Faculty of Science:
(a) Faculty of Education: Botany
Biology Education Animal and Environmental Biology
Chemistry Education Biochemistry
Physics Education Chemistry
Agriculture Education Industrial Chemistry
Geography Education Physics
French Education Mathematics
Fine Art Education Industrial Mathematics
Music Education Geology
Home Economics Computer Science
Library and Information Science Biological Technology (SLT)
Business Education BiochemistryTechnology(SLT)
Computer Education Chemistry Technology (SLT)
Human kinetics Education Physics & Electronics Technology (SLT)
Integrated Science Environmental Science (SLT)
Guidance and Counselling
Religious Studies Education (e) Faculty of Management Science:
Social Studies Education Accounting and Finance
Economics Education Business Administration
Political Science Education Banking and Finance
Health Education Marketing
(b) (Faculty of Agriculture (f) Faculty of Social Sciences:
Agricultural Economics Geography and Reg. Planning
Agricultural Extension Accounting and Finance
Crop Science Business Administration
Fisheries : Economics
Animal Science Mass Communication
Forestry and Wild-life Political Science
Soil Science Sociology
(g) Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences:
Pharmacology and Therapeutics
(c) Faculty of Arts:
Fine and Applied Arts
English and Literary Studies (h) Faculty of Pharmacy:
History and International Studies Pharmacy
Philosophy (i) Faculty of Engineering:
Theatre Arts Mechanical Engineering
Linguistics Civil Engineering
Urhobo Electrical & Electronics Engineering
DELSU Pre-Degree Admission Requirements
- Candidates should possess five credits in relevant subjects in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination or its equivalent at not more than two sittings. The subjects should include English Language and Mathematics. For Pharmacy and Nursing Science degree programmes, candidates must have the five credits at one sitting.
- Specific Departmental admission requirements are as indicated in the UTME brochure for Delta State University, Abraka.
- Candidates are required to register with JAMB and write the 2018 UTME. They must take DELSU as first Choice.
- Candidates must write 2018 JAMB and score a minimum of DELSU JAMB cur-off point which is at present 180.
- Candidates must register the same course in JAMB and in the DELSU Pre-degree Programme.
DELSU Pre-Degree Entrance Examination
Admission of candidates into the various courses shall be based on a General Aptitude Test, which shall be conducted by the Delta State University, Abraka.
MATERIALS REQUIRED FOR WRITING THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
Candidates are expected to come with the following materials, without which, they would not be allowed into the examination venues.
- The Printed Photo Card
- HB Pencil
- JAMB Calculator
DELSU Pre-Degree Method Of Application
Application forms are to be filled online at the rate of N20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira) through the use of Delta State University virtual pin generated at http://www.delsuonline.com, and payment made at any of the following banks as approved by the University.
- Unity bank
- Zenith Bank
DELSU Pre-Degree Application Period
Starting Date: Wednesday, 6th December, 2017
Closing Date: Wednesday, 7th February, 2018