The African Leaders of Tomorrow (ALT) Scholarship Program commemorates the late Nelson Mandela’s commitment to social justice and equity. It supports young African professionals to become leaders in public policy and administration.
The ALT Scholarship Program by the CBIE grants full scholarships based on merit to women and men from sub-Saharan Africa to pursue a Master’s degree in public administration, public policy or public finances in Canada.
The African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Programme has two components:
- An academic component
- A professional component
You must meet ALL the requirements to be eligible:
- Be a citizen AND resident of sub-Saharan Africa;
- Be between 22 and 35 years old (at the beginning of the study program);
- Have completed a university degree meeting the minimum academic requirements for admission into a Master’s degree in Canada;
- Have a minimum of two years and a maximum of five years of full-time work experience in the public sector, civil society sector or a research institute in Africa;
- Be fluent in French or English;
- Meet all the academic requirements of the study program of choice.
How To Apply
- Eligible candidates must click here to complete the Preliminary Inquiry Questionnaire.
- You will need to provide information about your GPA from your undergraduate degree and any post-graduate programs (if applicable).
It is important to go through the Application requirements on the Scholarship Webpage (see link below) before applying.
- Deadline to complete the Preliminary Questionnaire: 13th October, 2017
- Selection process: 16th October to 31st December, 2018
- Pre-selected candidates notified by email: January-February 9 2018
- Admission to universities: January to March 2018
- Pre-departure process (visa, accommodation, pre-departure orientation): February to July 2018
- All other candidates notified of results: May 2018
- Orientation session in Canada: Mid- August 2018
- Start of study programs: End of August/beginning of September 2018
TO SEE OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS YOU CAN EASILY QUALIFY AND APPLY FOR CLICK HERE.