Description: The Coady International Institute at St. Francis Xavier University invites applications for its seven weeks Global Change Leaders Program. The program is available for emerging women leaders from developing countries who are working on development issues.
Successful candidates will receive a full scholarship to participate in this program, including the cost of economy-class travel, tuition, room and board. The cost of acquiring a visa for entry into Canada is the responsibility of the successful candidate.
This program enables women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities.
Course Level: It is a seven-week education program at Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership.
Field of Study: Program participants engage in learning grounded in real world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas.
Value of Scholarship Award: The Global Change Leaders program provides successful candidates with a full scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodations, and meals. Successful participants are responsible for costs pertaining to acquiring a visa to enter Canada.
Eligibility Status: This program is targeted to emerging women leaders from developing countries who are working on development issues. These are women who:
- Possess a minimum of five years of demonstrated leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavour in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, political engagement of women and the rights of girls and women;
- Will be immediately returning to their community and sector following the program to put their learning into practice;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions to their organizations and communities;·
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community-based organizations and not for profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business;
- Hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience; and
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
- Candidates must be from a country eligible for Official Development Assistance.
Nationality: Women applicants from developing countries.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience.
English language Requirements: Applicants must have strong oral and written English language competencies.
Scholarship to be taken in Canada
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is November 15, 2016.
Please Note: To See More Scholarship Opportunities Click Here