East Tennessee State University USA offers Undergraduate and graduate Merit Scholarships for international students to study for 2015/2016.
Description: The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered.
The award is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.
Course Level: Undergraduate, Masters and PhD
Field of Study: Courses offered at the University
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
Eligibility Status: Applicants Must:
- Be admitted to ETSU as full-time, degree-seeking students. Scholarship applicants must apply for admission to ETSU before their scholarship applications can be reviewed.
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
Number of scholarships: Not specified
What are the benefits? The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only.
Eligible Countries: International Students
Scholarship to be taken at: East Tennessee State University USA
How to Apply: Students are encouraged to submit scholarship applications as soon as they are admitted to ETSU. An application cannot be reviewed until the applicant is admitted to the university. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for details
Application Deadline: Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, need to be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall semester deadline: no later than 15th July, 2017
- Spring semester deadline: no later than 15th October, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Award Provider: East Tennessee State University